STARS is a school partnership which is designed to provide opportunities for collaboration and the sharing of good practice which will result in the improvement of standards within a group of local schools. A raising achievement board has been set up within the collaboration to drive a continuous and consistent trust-wide focus to drive continuous school improvement.
What does STARS mean?
|S - Strategic Planning||We aim to combine forces to plan ahead to enhance our strengths and tackle our weaknesses.|
|T - Team||As a partnership we will work together and support and trust each other.|
|A - Aspirational||We will not settle for good but will aspire for the best for all our pupils.|
|R - Raising Standards||We will work together to improve the standards of pupils outcomes as well as the teaching.|
|S - Sharing Good Practice||Where this is capacity and strength we will share and support others in an atmosphere of trust and mutual benefit.|
STARS is a group of 6 local schools Byfleet Primary School, Kingfield Primary School, Maybury Primary School, St Mary’s CofE Primary School, West Byfleet Infant School and Westfield Primary School. The group will work alongside a Babcock Overview partner and other associate headteachers.
We work collaboratively on many policies and practices to provide high quality school improvement utilising the expertise’s within our schools which include:
- Headteachers, Deputy Headteacher, Teachers, School Business Managers, Sencos and Home School link work network meetings.
- School Development Plans priorities sharing.
- Monitoring and Peer Review and SEF (School Evaluation Form) reviews.
- Middle leadership development.
- Shared performance management policies linked to Performance Related Pay.
- Working parties for Curriculum and Assessment development including standardisation of assessment eg Reception baseline.
- Data analysis through the raising achievement board.
- Sharing good practice- we will have a good practice register which highlights excellence in particular areas including EAL, Maths, Literacy, EYFS.
- NQT training.
- INSET training and sharing statutory training days.
- Moderation from Nursery to Year 6.
- Curriculum leader network meetings.
- Shared PE provision including utilising skilled PE teachers.
- Recruitment and Employment.
The STARS Partners